Table of Contents
How To Clean Smelly Shoes With Vinegar
One of the most common issues any athlete or the person with a pair of sneakers will face is the odor. This odor makes the shoes extremely smelly. Keeping the track with smelly shoes is really tough and unhygienic.
The odor in the shoes is caused by sweating while you walk or run. The bacteria which are produced with sweat are also very harmful to the skin. It can cause extreme rashes, in fact, ringworm or athlete foot as well.
There might be many products in the market which might claim to solve the issue of smelly shoes but they have a reaction. The chemicals of these products might not suit every skin type.
Now the question here is how to get rid of smelly shoes and feet? this is the reason why your first preference has to be a home remedy.
How To get rid of smelly shoes and feet?
The most commonly asked question is how to get rid of smelly shoes and feet. The reason for smelly shoes is moisture and to get rid of the smell you need something which is a neutral form of acid and alkaline.
For cleaning the smelly shoes baking soda and vinegar are proven methods.
Take the ingredients in the following quantity;
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
For smelly shoes baking soda can prove to be the best cleaning agent along with the vinegar. All you need to do is, make sure that you are following the below steps:
- Mix the ingredients together and create the paste.
- After you are done with mixing the paste with the help of a toothbrush apply it on the lather of the shoes
- Make sure you are using a circular motion to clean the shoes
- When you are done with applying the paste make sure they are placed under sunlight or somewhere warm for three to four hours.
- Now when the mixture gets dried clap the shoes together to remove the material
- Make sure that your sneakers are brighter and cleaner
Method 2 (Clean Smelly Shoes with Vinegar)
This method is extremely easy and anyone can use this for cleaning the sneakers thoroughly by using the following ingredients;
Follow the below steps:
- If the shoes are washable in the machine then it is better you add vinegar and detergent in the machine to wash the shoes. If not, then make sure you are the vinegar and the detergent in the tub of warm water.
- Put your shoes in the solution and leave for 10 minutes.
- Make sure you remove the shoes right after 10 minutes, otherwise this solution can affect the color of the sneakers.
- Now wash the shoes with normal water and make sure all the excessive amount of solution is removed
- Put the shoes in sunlight for a few hours
- This will also kill the bacteria in the shoes
How can you avoid the smell in the first place?
Here another point is the prevention of the smell from your shoes. You follow the below tips to keep your feet and shoe odor-free.
Use athletic socks
Athletic socks are made with the fabric with is absorbent. If you are a runner or like to jog every day, then make sure to purchase a pair of athletic socks. If you don’t have them then make sure you wear the clean pair of socks each day. This will retain the stay of odor in the feet and shoes.
Reciprocate the shoes
If you have alternative shoes, you can reciprocate one pair of shoes with the other one. Wearing that one pair each day may cause feet odor.
Clean before storing
When you wear shoes according to the season, make sure you are storing the shoes after cleaning them. After you are done cleaning the shoes with the above methods, store them by placing the newspaper inside and covering the outside with it as well.
Above were some of the informatory steps for how to clean smelly shoes with vinegar. You can follow the above methods to keep your shoes clean with the help of the vinegar and baking soda. Make sure you follow the points accordingly in the future.